Swatches

Fresh Thoughts: Swatches and Nameplates

Overview

Throughout the swatch making process, I had a lot of fun playing with the colors, tints, and fonts for the nameplates. I've always been good at finding good combinations of colors, so I enjoyed making the swatches. 

Inspiration




The inspiration for my swatches came from my wall, which has the jerseys of a few of my favorite athletes: Todd Gurley, Sidney Crosby, Harry Kane, and Matt Stafford (I have a love/hate relationship with Stafford). Sports jerseys always have colors that pop and are easily noticeable. 

Swatches



My first set of swatches are based on the grey of my Stafford jersey. I took the original shade of grey, and made a 50% tint, to make a lighter grey. Finally, I made a 25% tint, to create a true light grey color. My second set of swatches are based on the gold in my Gurley and Crosby jerseys, as they are practically identical. I took the original shade of gold, and made a 75% tint. Finally, I made a 50% tint, to create a pale gold color. For my last set of swatches, I used the white in my Kane jersey. I was able to make a 75% tint, to create an off-white. Finally, I made a 50%, which created a lighter off-white. 

Nameplates


For my nameplates, I looked for fonts that I liked and would work well together. My name line includes the Phosphate font, and my head line includes the Plantagenet Cherokee font. I used my original color swatches in different combinations between my background, name line, and head line. 

Conclusion

This was my favorite blog using InDesign. I really enjoy playing with colors and finding different combinations of colors that work well. I had no trouble using the swatches and the rectangle tool to create the squares and backgrounds for the nameplates. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Premiere

Still Image Video