Blog Post 3: Photostory Rough Draft

Fresh Thoughts: Photostory Rough Draft


For my Photostory, I chose to detail ways to prepare for Hurricane Florence. I thought of things that would be necessary to prepare for the storm, so I decided to take a picture of my roommate with a case of water we purchased the week before the storm came, as well as our pantry that was fully stocked. My favorite shot would probably be the one of me looking out the window. My roommate took this shot from multiple angles, and I chose this particular shot because it captured my reactions to the storm perfectly. I then took these pictures into Photoshop and applied various adjustment layers to them. For example, I applied a brightness/contrast, as well as a levels adjustment to the long shot of the door, as a way to balance the amount of light in the original image. I applied a black and white adjustment layer to the portrait shot of me looking out the window because I felt that a black and white adjustment would best portray the situation. 

Once edited, I took my photos and laid them out in InDesign. Initially, I had challenges with resizing my photos, as you have to hold down shift and command while clicking and dragging the image. After resizing my photos, I added text boxes and gave descriptions of what was pictured in each shot. Before exporting, I realized that the shot with my roommate and the water did not meet the 300 effective ppi minimum, so I will need to blow it up in Photoshop for my final submission. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Premiere

Blog Post #2: That's What She Said