How to Prepare for Florence

Fresh Thoughts: How to Prepare for Florence


When I was searching for a topic for my photostory, I would be lying if I told you I had an easy time finding something to do it on. Then I remembered that Hurricane Florence was preparing to hit the East Coast, so I decided to do this assignment on how to prepare for Florence. For this blog post, I took a picture of my roommate Brad, standing next to an essential for preparing for any natural disaster: a case of water. I took this picture into Photoshop, and made the following edits using crop, hue and saturation, and brightness/contrast. 

Original Picture:





First Edit:


For my first round of edits, I cropped the original to focus more on Brad and the case of water. Then, I used the quick selection tool to select the water bottles in the case. After that, I added a hue and saturation adjustment layer to the selection, changing the color of the water to blue. 

Second Edit:


Prior to my second edit, I noticed that the light from the window was casting shadows on the wall behind Brad. After noticing this, I selected the wall and added a brightness/contrast layer. This not only darkened the wall, but also made the light coming from the window pop out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Premiere

Blog Post #2: That's What She Said