A New Perspective on Technology

Fresh Thoughts: A New Perspective on Technology


Technology is a major part of our everyday lives. We are constantly in the presence of technology, whether it be our phones, smartwatches, or laptops. My passion for technology led me to use technology for this project. What you are about to see is various perspectives of an everyday object in the common office: a printer. 


Negative Space



This shot of the printer focuses on the concept of negative space. By using a light colored wall, I was able to show how it contrasts with the printer's black color, as well as the shadow cast by the printer. This shot also employs the rule of thirds, which keeps the shot visually balanced. 


Framing



This shot of the printer focuses on the concept of framing. Once again, I used the rule of thirds to help me set up this shot. By taking the time to line up my shot, I was able to get a nice balance between the printer and the background. 


Cropping




For this, I took the negative space shot, and cropped it down. This eliminated most of the shadow given off by the printer, while also bringing a much closer look at it.


Angles



This is probably my favorite shot that I took. By working the shot, I found an angle that would display the curvature of the printer, as well as complement the background. 

Context Within the Subject Matter




Before I took this shot, I asked myself: "What does a printer need?" The answer, was paper. I added a ream of paper to the shot by placing it on the table below the printer, to get a nice balance of color between blue, black, and tan. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Premiere

Blog Post #2: That's What She Said